Welcome to the Administrators' Noticeboard. This space is for anyone who needs to contact an administrator ("sysop") for actions such as protecting a page, deleting spam, or blocking vandals.
If you rather need to reach a Translation administrator, please use the Translation Administrators' Noticeboard instead. For general conversation, see Wikispecies:Village Pump.
Category:Wikispecies protected edit requests
- @Kaganer: The category lists 54 pages in the MediaWiki talk page namespace, but no pages in the MediaWiki namespace itself. On what grounds should these talk pages be edit protected? –Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 21:02, 16 September 2017 (UTC).
- @Tommy Kronkvist:These pages related with Wikispecies:Localization. Talkpages contains a proposed translations for related MediaWiki messages. Need to move them to these local messages. --Kaganer (talk) 23:11, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
- And there is also two related requests from me: first and second.--Kaganer (talk) 23:14, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
New request for adminship: Kaganer
I thought that I could not do work with translations without administrative rights. I ask for your support: Requests for adminship#Kaganer and Requests for translation adminship#Kaganer. --Kaganer (talk) 23:36, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Kaganer: m:Meta:Translation_administrators/ru? —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 23:42, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
- Request updated. If in this project source pages is protected, that for improving markup needs admin rights with "translation admin" rights. I ask both flags at once.--Kaganer (talk) 23:47, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
- Otherwise, I'll permanently disturb everyone with my requests for changing protected pages ;) --Kaganer (talk) 23:53, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Tommy Kronkvist: No blocks and advanced user rights on many projects. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 20:25, 17 September 2017 (UTC)
I suppose, it is not desirable to block IP addresses indefinitely. I have changed some indefinite blocks to a shorter period, but added a range block for 126.96.36.199/18, which should cover all these IP addresses. Regards --Franz Xaver (talk) 18:00, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- I checked your block log and it all seems okay to me. As for 188.8.131.52/18 that IP is already globally blocked and has been globally blocked no less than 29 times before that,( ) so I don't think any Wikispecies users have any issues with you blocking it locally as well.
–Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 20:26, 29 September 2017 (UTC).
- Is that who shows up frequently and vandalizes numerous pages with one swearword? I have blocked that one at least twice. Very happy to see it blocked whenever. Neferkheperre (talk) 22:36, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
- I propose to unblock these IP addresses, at least such, that are blocked since many years. --Franz Xaver (talk) 12:19, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
- Many of the "ancient" blocks (2006 and prior) are blocked for possibly being an open proxy, which is based from this meta policy on no open proxies. Based on the information from that page, the collateral damage appears to be aimed towards projects where government censors certain political opinions. I highly doubt that Wikispecies fall within this category. As for the indef IP blocks from 2011 to 2014, I think they should be lifted. OhanaUnitedTalk page 17:01, 30 September 2017 (UTC)