Shortcuts: WS:ADMIN, WS:RFA
- To reach an admin immediately, see Administrators' Noticeboard
Administrator access is granted to known and trusted members of the community who are familiar with the policies of Wikispecies. Administrator access is not meant to imply editorial authority on the project.
You can request adminship on Wikispecies if you meet the following criteria:
- You are not completely new to Wikimedia projects. You have been an editor for at least 2 months and you understand and agree with the goals of the project.
- You have a user page on Wikispecies and are a contributor here.
- You agree to follow relevant policies and respect consensus of Wikispecies' users.
- There is a consensus amongst users here that you would be a suitable administrator.
- 1 Administrators' abilities
- 2 Requests for adminship
Administrators have the technical ability to perform the following actions:
- block (and unblock) user accounts and IP addresses from editing
- protect (and unprotect) pages to restrict editing of a particular page
- delete and undelete pages
- delete images and other uploaded files
- edit the interface and other protected pages
Administrators assume these responsibilities as volunteers who go through a community review process. They are not acting as employees of the Wikimedia Foundation. They are never required to use their tools, and must never use them to gain an advantage in a dispute in which they are involved.
Misuse of administrative tools
Misusing the administrative tools is considered a serious issue. The administrative tools are provided to trusted users for maintenance and other tasks, and should be used with thought. Serious misuse may result in sanction or even their removal. Misuse, and its consequences, are defined and decided by consensus of the Wikispecies community.
List of Administrators
Wikispecies has 27 administrators (including 2 bots). The current list can be found at Special:ListUsers/sysop.
|Bots with admin status:||Last activity|
|Abuse filter||2013 (check)|
IRC for admins
- Before you can request access, you must register your nickname and log in.
- Type "
/nick theusernameyouwantgoeshere" to switch to that username,
register by typing "
/msg nickserv register yourpassword youremail".
To keep your email address private, type: "
/msg nickserv set hidemail on"
To keep others from using your name while you're offline, type: "
/msg nickserv set enforce on"
In the future, you must login by typing "
/msg nickserv identify yourpasswordgoeshere" (some clients can do this automatically when you connect).
You access the channel with command
There is a mailing list located at mail:wikispecies-admin. This is a useful tool for coordination off-wiki; it is recommended that admins sign up for the list.
Admin userbox on Wikispecies
Administrators may use the administrator user box on their user page. Copy and paste the following code to your user page:
Userbox on Meta-Wiki
Requests for adminship
Please explain here why you need administrator access. After seven days, if there is general agreement that you should be an administrator, one of the bureaucrats will fulfill the request.
Id like to nominate RLJ for admin. Theres presently 26 out of 222 active users, and its good to have more admins who speak more languages than English. RLJ is taking responsibility for the project in different ways, directly as well as in discussions, has made over 22 000 edits and been with us since 2010, and is a very active editor at the German speaking Wikipedia, as well as user at Wikidata, and Commons. Dan Koehl (talk) 16:12, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Burmeister (talk) 16:45, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Unreservedly Andyboorman (talk) 17:13, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Orchi (talk) 17:45, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Experienced in taxonomy and active cross-wiki-editor. Thiotrix (talk) 14:04, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- Franz Xaver (talk) 14:52, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- Mariusm (talk) 10:59, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Floscuculi (talk) 21:28, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- --Murma174 (talk) 21:47, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Korg (talk) 19:56, 12 January 2019 (UTC)