User talk:Joe Chill
Except for the missing "Taxonavigation" header, it's okay. Personally I try to put in at least one source with more taxonomic information, e.g. in this case Peck, William (1981) "The Ctenidae of temperate zone North America" Bulletin of the AMNH 170(1):157-169, though of course it's not always possible. Circeus (talk) 03:33, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- The source I offered up has (I checked) information about the synonymy (it should be "(Hentz, 1884)", with parentheses) and the holotype :p. I think it also has illustrations, but I did not check specifically for that.
- In practice many taxa are added with barely any source (especially in the higher animals) and very little additional data. Personally I try not to add a name if I can't at least also give its synonymy or basionym (assuming it has one), with a book or journal source. Circeus (talk) 04:12, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- Please put the species name IN ITALICS at the bottom of the Taxonavigation! Like this: Xysticus ontariensis --Stho002 (talk) 05:58, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- Also, according to the best available sources on spiders , Xysticus ontariensis is a synonym! I will have to edit your page Stho002 (talk) 06:02, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- Also, the author is Emerton, not Emerson! Stho002 (talk) 06:04, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- Also, it is Anahita punctulata (Hentz, 1844), not Anahita punctulata Hentz, 1884 --Stho002 (talk) 06:08, 3 June 2010 (UTC)