We like having new people contributing to Wikispecies. Here are a few things that may be interesting:
Please ask further questions in the Village Pump.
If you have useful images to contribute to Wikispecies, please upload them at the Wikimedia Commons.
We hope you'll enjoy the time you spend on Wikispecies!
You can sign your messages with ~~~~.
- 1) Adiantum pedatum L. - Northern Maidenhair Fern [Wo] is on the list of ferns of Soldiers Delight, but I would not have any idea where to find it.
- 2) Wayne Tyndall is the state official in charge of Soldier's Delight
To conduct research, please contact:
Wayne Tyndall, State Restoration Ecologist
Natural Heritage Program, Wildlife and Heritage Services
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
909 Wye Mills Road, Wye Mills, Maryland 21679 USA
410-827-8612, extension 110
- 3) Laura Van Scoyoc is president of the Soldiers Delight Conservation, Inc. She can probably help you get in touch with the lady that leads plant identification walks at Soldier's Delight.
- 4) For many years the Worthley Botany Class would frequent Soldier's Delight to identify plants, perhaps someone may recall seeing Adiantum. Their yahoo group is:
Best wishes, Ed Uebel (talk) 18:26, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
See here User_talk:184.108.40.206, for an example of the "issues" I have to deal with as best I can, or perhaps I am abusing my admin powers?? Though I would say the IP would have been better off to raise the issue first on the Talk Page or VP, but they just steamed in. Any wonder that I get cranky sometimes?? Stho002 (talk) 04:36, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
- No, I don't think there's anything objectionable about the way you handled that. This is a huge project to have responsibility for, so I understand frustration with people doing silly things that waste time. Choess (talk) 14:24, 20 November 2013 (UTC)
Dear Choess, You have been granted autopatrolled user rights, which may be granted to experienced Wikispecies users who have demonstrated an understanding of Wikispecies policies and guidelines. In addition to what registered users can do, autopatrollers can have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled (autopatrol). The autopatrol user right is intended to reduce the workload of new page patrollers and causes pages created by autopatrolled users to be automatically marked as patrolled. For more information, read Wikispecies:Autopatrollers.
You may as autpatroller use the autopatroller user box on your user page. Copy and paste the following code on your user page:
Plural vs. singular
Hello Choess. Please use plural for genera in the "Taxonav" section on pages regarding familiæ or higher rank; see Help: Taxonavigation section – Multiples of a taxon for the Wikispecies praxis regarding this.
That minor detail aside: thanks for the many good edits! –Tommy Kronkvist (talk), 04:29, 5 March 2015 (UTC).
Thanks a lof for using your patroller user right and doing some patrolling! Please inform me if you experienced any difficaulties, or if you have any questions.
Since you have made use of your patroller user rights, you will keep them, and I will remove your autopatrol user right, since there is no need for both.
Patrollers may use the Patroller user box on their user page. Copy and paste the following code to your user page:
Please consider carrying out daily patrols of new pages and edits made by users who are not autopatrolled.
Hi I notice that you are a contributor to ferns and their allies. I am proposing that WS goes with
- Christenhusz, M.J.M. & Chase, M.W. 2014. Trends and concepts in fern classification. Annals of Botany 113(4): 571–594. DOI: 10.1093/aob/mct299 PDF Reference page. . I have made a start with Aspleniaceae. I would like your opinion on this radical move before going "full bore". Regards Andyboorman (talk) 15:16, 3 January 2016 (UTC)