User talk:Bryce Carmony
Welcome to Wikispecies!
Hello, and welcome to Wikispecies! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages you might like to see:
- Help:Contents provides a good introduction to editing Wikispecies.
- Templates are there to help you to follow our syntax and formatting standards.
- Have a look at Done and to do.
If you have named a taxon, then it is likely that there is (or will be) a Wikispecies page about you, and other pages about your published papers. Please see our advice and guidance for taxon authors.
If you have useful images to contribute to Wikispecies, please upload them at Wikimedia Commons. This is also true for video or audio files containing bird songs, whale vocalization, etc.
Please sign your comments on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username (if you're logged in) and the date. Please also read the Wikispecies policy What Wikispecies is not. If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or in the Village Pump. Again, welcome! Dan Koehl (talk) 23:57, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for the invite! I'm looking forward to helping outBryce Carmony (talk) 00:02, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Its great if you want to contribute more Bryce Carmony! Theres different ways of helping:
- If you perform any cross-wiki activity, try to recruit more taxonomy interested contributors from different languages on Wp, and other projects.
- Transwiki/language links: make language links and vernacular names from taxon articles to any language of your choice. I believe this will serve an important cause, and reduce future work, once Wikispecies gets connected to Wikidata. Please see Pages without language links
- Submitting pictures from commons on taxon articles without pictures.
- Create missing articles, and update existing articles about species and other taxons, see Help:General_Wikispecies.
- Adminstration/anti-vandalism: later, if you get patroller rights, you can help and go through all edits which have not yet been patrolled.