Jump to navigation Jump to search
There is something wrong here.
Xenarthra is used here as the superorder, but at Placentalia as the order. I think these pages should be merged, like Metatheria and Marsupialia. Ucucha 18:18, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- A few extinct genera.
- Xenarthra are animals with joints unlike other mammals, like anteaters, sloths, and armadillos.
- Laurasiatheria 7 orders of mammal, including, bats, cats, horses, dolphins. All 7 orders were originally found in the supercontinent Laurasia
- Afrotheria includes Paenungulata (elephants, Sirenia and hyraxes), Afrosoricida (tenrecs and golden moles), Tubulidentata (aardvarks), and Macroscelidea (elephant shrews).
- Euarchontoglires includes Rodentia, Lagomorpha and the Euarchonta, a clade consisting of the Scandentia, the Primates and the Dermoptera.
- The whole thing is a mess, and needs to be greatly simplified for our purposes, eliminating clades and keeping only the standard Linnean ranks. Stho002 (talk) 00:00, 7 November 2014 (UTC)