Hello! I do not know how to edit/change the classification. But Myxini are now classified in Vertebrata and it is since 2003 that this fact is accepted in the scientific community. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:41, 10 April 2005
- Well i always thought that this classification was cool. I have ben taking biology for the past year. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:28, 8 March 2006
- Cephalochordata are craniumless animals like lancelets or amphioxus.
- Urochordata are animals like sea squirts.
- Vertebrata are animals with a backbone or vertebral column like birds, fish and humans.
- Chordata and Craniata
- I'm studying my biology course (animal biodiversity (Universtiy of Ghent)) at the moment. And something struck me here. The thing that struck me was that we are going from Chordata to Vertebrata and so skipping the Craniata and this leaving the Myxini out cuzz Myxini are no vertebrata cuzz they don't have any "vertebra" (dunno if that's the right term). Or at least that is what's explicitly writen multiple times in our cours.
- So I (my course) think it should be:
- and then
- And furtermore the Tree of Life (tolweb.org) who are THE instance when we speak about such things (or so I have been told) Still clasifies those little creatures like my course stipulates. http://www.tolweb.org/Chordata/2499 (link to chordata section of ToL) — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:59, 18 June 2006
Hello fellow editors,
I have just modified 1 external links on Chordata. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160305012439/http://www.insecta.bio.spbu.ru/z/nom/~Haeckel1896.htm to http://www.insecta.bio.spbu.ru/z/nom/~Haeckel1896.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.