Samuel Hubbard Scudder
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Samuel Hubbard Scudder (1837–1911), U.S. entomologist and paleontologist.
- Author abbreviation: Scudd.
- Scudder, S.H. 1862. Materials for a monograph of the North American Orthoptera. Boston Journal of Natural History 7: 409–480. BHL Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1868. Description of a new butterfly from Florida. Thecla juanita. Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History 11: 435–436.
- BHL bibliography Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1869. Notes on Orthoptera collected by Prof. James Orton on either side of the Andes of Equatorial South America. Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History 12: 330–345. BHL Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1872. A systematic Revision of some of the American Butterflies; with brief notes on those known to occur in Essex County, Mass. 4th Ann. Rep. Peabody Academy of Sciences (1871): 24–83. Online. Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1875. Historical sketch of the generic names proposed for butterflies. Proc. amer. Soc. Arts Sci. Boston 10: 91–293. BHL Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1875–76. Synonymic list of the butterflies of North America, north of Mexico. Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences 2: 233–269; 3: 98–129; Pt.1 Nymphales, Pt.2 Rurales. Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1862. Report on the Orthoptera collected by the U. S. geographical surveys west of the 100th meridian, under the direction of Lt. George M. Wheeler during the season of 1875. Ann. Rep. Chief Engineer's 1876: 498–515. Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1876. Fossil Coleoptera from the Rocky Mountain Tertiaries. Bulletin of the Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories 2: 77–87. Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1878. The fossil insects of the Green River Shales. Bulletin of the Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories 4: 747–776.
- Scudder, S.H. 1882. An alphabetic list of all Generic names…Supplemental List…Universal Index. Bulletin of the United States National Museum 19: 376pp. BHL Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1889. Butterflies of Eastern United States and Canada, with Special Reference to New England. Scudder, Cambridge. Vol.2 (Lycaenidae, Papilionidae, Hesperidae): 768–1774. BHL Reference page.
- Scudder, S.H. 1890. The Tertiary insects of North America. In S. Scudder, The fossil insects of North America, with notes on some European species. The Tertiary insects. 2: 1–734. In F. Hayden, Report of the United States Geological Survey of the Territories. Volume 13. Washington: Government Printing Office.
- Scudder, S.H. 1891. Index to the known fossil insects of the World including Myriapods and Arachnids. Bulletin of the United States Geological Survey 71: 1–744.
- Scudder, S.H. 1900. Adephagous and clavicorn Coleoptera from the Tertiary deposits at Florissant, Colorado with descriptions of a few other forms and a systematic list of the non-Rhynchophorous Tertiary Coleoptera of North America. Monographs of the United States Geological Survey 40: 1–148.
- Scudder, S.H. 1900. Canadian fossil insects. Additions to the coleopterous fauna of the interglacial clays of the Toronto district. With an Appendix by A. D. Hopkins on the Scolytid boring from the same deposits. Geological Survey of Canada. Contribution to Canadian Palaeontology 2(2): 67–92.