Narrative of the Expedition of an American Squadron to the China Seas and Japan
- Title: Narrative of the Expedition of an American Squadron to the China Seas and Japan
- Abbreviation: Narr. Exped. Amer. Squadron China Seas Japan
- Name: Narrative of the Expedition of an American Squadron to the China Seas and Japan: performed in the years 1852, 1853, and 1854, under the command of Commodore M.C. Perry ... / compiled from the original notes and journals of Commodore Perry and his officers, at his request and under his supervision by Francis L. Hawks. New York; Washington (DC); London
- Author: Matthew Calbraith Perry
- Publication: 3 vols., 1856
Description: vii, 624 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded). Vol. 1 compiled from the original notes and journals of Com. Perry ... by Francis L. Hawks ...; Vol. 2. Natural history reports by D.S. Green [et al.] ... Account of the botanical specimens collected in Japan by S. Wells Williams and James Morrow by Asa Gray [et al.]; v. 3 has title: United States Japan expedition. Observations on the zodiacal light, from April 2, 1853, to April 22, 1855, made chiefly on board the United States steam-frigate Mississippi, during her late cruise in eastern seas, and her voyage homeward: with conclusions from the data thus obtained; by Rev. George Jones.