Hugh McCormick Smith
Hugh McCormick Smith (November 21, 1865 – September 28, 1941), U.S. ichthyologist also known as H. M. Smith. He was one of the pioneers in the fisheries in Thailand. He served as the first director general of the Department of Fisheries of Thailand.
- 30 taxon names authored by Hugh McCormick Smith (May be incomplete)
- Brachygobius sua (Smith, 1931)
- Cryptocentrus callopterus Smith, 1945
- Discherodontus schroederi (Smith, 1945)
- Eugnathogobius microps (Smith, 1931)
- Parioglossus formosus (Smith, 1931)
- Poropuntius faucis (Smith, 1945)
- Poropuntius normani Smith, 1931
- Oreichthys parvus Smith, 1933
- Oryzias minutillus Smith, 1945
- Oxymetopon formosum (Smith, 1931)
- Nemacheilus binotatus Smith, 1933
- Sikukia gudgeri (Smith, 1934)
- Sikukia stejnegeri Smith, 1931
- Schistura breviceps (Smith, 1945)
- Schistura bucculenta (Smith, 1945)
- Schistura menanensis (Smith, 1945)
- Schistura poculi (Smith, 1945)
- Schistura reidi (Smith, 1945)
- Smith, H. M. 1902. Description of a new species of blenny from Japan. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission 21 : 93–94. Reference page.
- Smith, H.M. 1912. Description of a new notidanoid shark from the Philippine Islands, representing a new family. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 41: 489–491. Reference page.
- Smith, H.M. & Radcliffe, L. 1912. The squaloid sharks of the Philippine Archipelago. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 41: 677–685. Reference page.
- Smith, H.M. 1932. Contributions to the ichthyology of Siam. I. Descriptions of a new genus and three new species of Siamese gobies. Journal of the Siam Society, Natural History, Supplement 8(4): 255–262, Pl. 23. Reference page.
- Smith, H.M. 1945. The fresh-water fishes of Siam, or Thailand. Bulletin of the United States National Museum 188: i–xi + 1–622, Pls. 1–9. Reference page. [published posthumously]