Axiocerses punicea Grose-Smith, 1889.
Type locality: Kenya: “Neighbourhood of Mombasa, East Coast of Africa”.
- Chrysorychia punicea Grose-Smith, 1889: 134.
- Axiocerses punicea (Grose-Smith); Stempffer, 1967: 168.
- Axiocerses punicea punicea (Grose-Smith); Henning & Henning, 1996: 41; Williams, 2008.
- Grose-Smith, H., 1889c. Descriptions of twenty-four new species of butterflies captured by Mr. Last in the neighbourhood of Mombasa, East Coast of Africa, in the collection of Mr. H. Grose-Smith. Annals and Magazine of Natural History (6) 3: 121-137. BHL. reference page
- Henning, G. A. & Henning, S. F., 1996. A review of the genus Axiocerses Hübner (Lepidoptera: Lycaenidae), with descriptions of nine new species and three new subspecies. Metamorphosis: Occasional Supplement 1, 48pp. (PDF) reference page
- Stempffer, H. (1967). The genera of the African Lycaenidae (Lepidoptera: Rhopalocera). Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), entomology. Supplement 10: 322pp, 1pl. BHL reference page