William Healey Dall
(21.VIII.1845 - 27.III.1927)
American naturalist, malacologist and palaeontolgist.
In his lifetime Dall described, or was senior author in the description of, 354 genera and subgenera and 3,959 species and subspecies.
- Dall, W.H. 1878: Descriptions of new forms of mollusks from Alaska contained in the collection of the National Museum. Proceedings of the United States National Museum, 1: 1–3.
- Dall, W.H. 1889a: XXIX. Report on the Mollusca. Part II. Gastropoda and Scaphopoda. In: Reports on the results of dredging, under the supervision of Alexander Agassiz, in the Gulf of Mexico (1877-78) and in the Caribbean Sea (1879-80), by the U.S. coast survey steamer "Blake," Lieut.-Commander C. D. Sigsbee, U. S. N, and commander J.R. Bartlett, U. S. N., commanding. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, 18: 1–492, pls 1–40.
- Dall, W.H. 1889b: A preliminary catalogue of the shell-bearing marine mollusks and brachiopods of the southeastern coast of the United States, with illustrations of many of the species. Bulletin of the United States National Museum, 37: 1–221, pls 1–74.
- Dall, W.H. 1902: Illustrations and descriptions of new, unfigured, or imperfectly known shells, chiefly American, in the U. S. National Museum. Proceedings of the United States National Museum, 24(1264), 499–566, pls 27–40.
- Dall, W.H. 1908: Reports on the Dredging Operations off the West Coast of Central America to the Galapagos, to the West Coast of Mexico, and in the Gulf of California, in charge of Alexander Agassiz, carried on by the U. S. Fish Commission Steamer "Albatross" during 1891. , Lieut. Commander Z. L. Tanner, U. S. N., Commanding, XXXVIII. And. Reports on the Scientific Results of the Expedition to the Eastern Tropical Pacific in charge of Alexander Agassiz, by the U. S. Fish Commission Steamer "Albatross", from October, 1904, to March, 1905, Lieut. Commander L. M. Garrett, U. S. N., Commanding, XIV. Reports on the Mollusca and Brachiopoda. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy at Harvard College, 43(6), 205–487, pls 1–22.
- Dall, W.H. 1927: Small Shells from Dredgings off the Southeast Coast of the United States by the United States Fisheries Steamer "Albatross" in 1885 and 1886. U.S. Nat. Mus. Proc, 70(art. 18) 1-134.