Administrator access is granted to known and trusted members of the community who are familiar with the policies of Wikispecies. Administrator access is not meant to imply editorial authority on the project.
You can request adminship on Wikispecies if you meet the following criteria:
- You are not completely new to Wikimedia projects. You have been an editor for at least 2 months and you understand and agree with the goals of the project.
- You have a user page on Wikispecies and are a contributor here.
- You agree to follow relevant policies and respect consensus of Wikispecies' users.
- There is a consensus amongst users here that you would be a suitable administrator.
As with the policy for administrator access on Meta, inactive administrators may have their access removed.
Administrators have the technical ability to perform the following actions:
- block (and unblock) user accounts and IP addresses from editing
- protect (and unprotect) pages to restrict editing of a particular page
- delete and undelete pages
- delete images and other uploaded files
- edit the interface and other protected pages
Administrators assume these responsibilities as volunteers who go through a community review process. They are not acting as employees of the Wikimedia Foundation. They are never required to use their tools, and must never use them to gain an advantage in a dispute in which they are involved.
Misuse of administrative tools
Misusing the administrative tools is considered a serious issue. The administrative tools are provided to trusted users for maintenance and other tasks, and should be used with thought. Serious misuse may result in sanction or even their removal. Misuse, and its consequences, are defined and decided by consensus of the Wikispecies community.
List of administrators
Wikispecies has 22 administrators (including 1 bot). The current list can be found at Special:ListUsers/sysop.
|Bots with admin flag:||Last activity|
|Abuse filter||2013 (check)|
Bureaucrats are administrators with added functions to:
- Promote a user to administrator or bureaucrat status
- Grant and revoke an account's bot status
- Rename users
List of bureaucrats
Wikispecies has 9 bureaucrats. The current list can be found at Special:ListUsers/bureaucrat.
|Dan Koehl||2014 (check)|
|Keith Edkins||2012 (check)|
Requests for adminship status