- Powelliphanta marchanti (Powell, 1932)
- Authority for placement: O'Connor, 1945: 56 [By implication: 'Powelliphanta will include all New Zealand species previously included in Paryphanta except the type of that genus, P. busbyi (Gray, 1840) ...']
- Original genus: Paryphanta Albers, 1850
- Original status: valid species
- Primary type: holotype
- Type locality: 'Mokai-Patea trig station, 3,600 ft., near junction of Mangatera Stream with Rangitikei River, Ruahine Range, North Island'
- Paryphanta marchanti: original combination
- Powell, A.W.B. 1932: The Paryphantidae of New Zealand. Descriptions of further new species. Records of the Auckland Institute and Museum, 1(3): 155-162, plate 28. reference page [first availability, see p. 158, and Pl. 28, figs. 1 and 2]